Rudder Control Support! New Mouse Control Options! Better Explosion Sounds! And More.
Eterium 1.0.1 patch is now available on Steam and coming soon to Desura.
Changelog for 126.96.36.19902:
- Rudder Pedal Support
- Optional First Person Shooter style mouse control. The original joystick emulation style mouse control is now called “emulated” and is the default
- Added keyboard only flight controls: Select Direct / Keyboard on the Joystick tab in the launcher
- Added individual dead zones and sensitivity settings for all axes
- Launcher closes when game launches (there is an option to leave the launcher open on the settings tab)
- Before mission, the player is reminded to return the throttle to the zero position if it is not already
- Added option to swap the sticks on the Xbox 360 controller.
- Added more robust logging to the game to help us track down problems
- Fixed annoying in-cockpit engine sounds from wingmen in formation
- Fixed Heavy Fighter turret odd behavior when using mouse control
- Reduced the frequency of Eject warnings
- Fixed instances of incorrect wingmen being listed in the kill score section during debriefings
- Mission Vega 4: Fixed failed objectives showing success
- Fixed taunt enemy spam exploit
- Fixed a couple spelling errors
- Fixed volume and improved explosion sounds
- Fixed crash when starting game with joystick hat assigned to weapons
- Mission Eridani 2: Fixed failure music playing when mission is successful
- Mission Lyota 2: Replaced the first two S’tra with Stri’kal to make the mission a little easier
- Fixed Xbox 360 Controller: Dpad Left selecting some menu items
It’s been a long road since Eterium first started as a hobby project of mine over 5 years ago. After a successful kickstarter last year and being Greenlit on Steam earlier this year, Eterium is finally available for purchase!
Buy Eterium on Desura:
I haven’t shown much of the heavy fighter lately, so I decided to do a play-through of an entire mission in the heavy fighter.
I’ve started receiving some of the rewards for our KS backers. Here are a couple photos!
First up is the Eterium t-shirt. This a photo of one of our preview versions. The version our backers will be receiving will not have the “Developer” Tag.
I also received the shipment of sew-on/iron-on patches that many of our backers will be receiving. They came out great!
I’ll be posting more photos as I receive new items.
Eterium is coming to a PC near you on April 15th. On release, Eterium will be available through both Steam and Desura.
Eterium on Steam | Eterium on Desura
Thanks to all your support, Eterium has been greenlit! I’m working right now on getting the steam SDK working with Eterium. We’ll have our full steam page up soon.
Eterium Release Candidate 1 will be available to our KS backers at the beta level in just a couple of days. It’s been submitted to Desura and is awaiting approval. Hopefully this is our final beta and the version of the game that will be released.
I’ve also uploaded a new trailer to youtube.
After much testing and bug fixes, including tracking down a very illusive random crash on load, we are getting ready to release our final closed beta to our KS backers for testing. It is my hope that this final version will be the version we release as the final game.
Here’s a screenshot I took while coming in for a landing after testing a fix for a bug that had the Canopus plowing through an asteroid in Chapter 4.
I’ve uploaded a new version of the demo that addresses some concerns that have come up and add some bug fixes. The tutorial on first mission has been improved and you can now check the controls at any time by pausing the get and selecting “Show Controls”. I’ve also made the dialog text larger and easier to read at higher resolutions.
You can grab the latest demo here.
We’ve released a new demo version. This is our first demo release since we got kickstarter funding. You’ll be amazed at how much the game has changed. This demo is intended to be our final demo release (bug fixes aside) and is based off the final version of the first 4 missions from the game.
Check it out.