Scott Manley, a Youtube personality who plays space flight games, probably best known for his great Kerbal Space Program videos, has done a playthrough video for Eterium!
He is playing our demo version 2369.02. I am very pleased with how well the game did in this video. I’m a little disappointed that he ran into a glitch where his ship was destroyed right after autopilot. We are aware of this issue and it occurs very rarely, so its hard for us to track down. Basically, a nav point was generated too close to a planet and his ship “burned up” in the atmosphere.
We are also addressing some of his concerns (please note: The fixes mentioned are not yet in our latest demo):
- Music: We just had some musicians join our team and they are making some great music for us. Stay tuned, we’ll have some samples soon.
- Scott couldn’t figure out how to land! That’s our fault. We have already corrected this problem. Coming to a stop at any point in the landing bay will end the mission.
- The landing bay on Lyota Station is oddly position. The autopilot will bring you out lined up for approach, but I think we need to add something to make that more obvious
- I love the part where he is flying through the asteroid fields saying they are too easy and then BOOM, his ship explodes! For the record, the asteriod fields in the first and second missions are intentionally easier. They get more difficult as the game progresses. Also there will be combat in asteroid fields as well.
- We are working to improve joystick control. You could help us out if you have a joystick by downloading the demo and leaving your feedback on our forums!